Development of India’s one of very prestigious and first smart city Dholera a 920 Square kilometer project which would be twice of the size of Mumbai and six times that of Shanghai, China is implementing world-class advanced technologies. Also this smart city would be the hub of global trading and manufacturing activities.
Dispatch and Delivery of tank is one of the major challenges that we face. Beltecno always put an emphasize on safe dispatch and delivery operation of panel tanks. Also we make sure and obey the road safety rules during the tank dispatch.
Groundwater is one of the primary sources in most of the countries, contributing to drinking, domestic use, irrigation, and others use which is abundantly available. As per WHO facts 5.2 Billion people used safe drinking water service, but 844 Million people lack basic drinking water service and 263 Million people have limited service . It is very essential for us to understand the nature/quality of water that is available for usage, which is to know how suitable is the source for usage. Usually Groundwater or the source being contaminated is one of the common problems observed over decades, common contaminants evident are Salinity/High TDS in deep aquifers, coastal aquifers, near salt-bearing rock formations, Turbidity, Hardness in carbonate formations, E-coli, Fluoride in sediment rocks or crystalline rocks, Arsenic in quaternary sedimentary formation and Nitrates near agricultural farms, a few places we also observe traces of heavy metals in groundwater.
We must have heard about these contaminants most commonly from different sources and also understand the risk and threats for human health when exposed for the long term, but surprisingly we have recently exposed to a most uncommon contaminant that is “Radon” in few places which is a radioactive gas.
Radon (Rn) is an odorless, colorless, water-soluble and tasteless gas from natural radioactive decay of Uranium (which is a spontaneous process), Radon as gas spreads into groundwater from rocks and soils depending on the porosity of rocks. Rn has the highest water solubility at lower temperatures. High levels of Rn in drinking water poses a serious health risk and it is carcinogenic, it can damage the lung tissues and can cause lung cancer, but it is always dependent of a case to case basis. Drinking water contaminated with Rn can be indigested and can seriously cause damage to the stomach lining. Usually, when we drink Rn contaminated water 1-2% of gas is released to air, which might be a potential risk at Bathrooms, showers increasing the concentrations. Radioactivity is measured in Becquerel corresponding to one radioactive disintegration per second, Rn is measured as Becquerel perlite (Bq/L) .
In our last blog Beltecno’s Stainless steel tanks, Our Quality is our Legacy!
we discussed about how we are more concerned about our tanks quality. In Today’s blog we will discuss about the fabrication part and will try to explain the idea behind making the stainless steel panel tanks.
Stainless Steel panel tanks manufacturing includes lot of technical expertise i.e. TIG Welding is very important.
A dedicated R&D for quality improvements makes us a leader in Stainless steel tank manufacturing market.
5S came out as an effective working guideline from few Japanese words that describe the steps of a workplace organization process. Below is the meaning of these Japanese five worlds which are changing the working culture towards the effective and productive path.
Storage of water has been one of the concerns since the beginning of the civilizations, various versions of storage units both in small scale to large scale for communities were evident. Usage of copper containers, earthen pots, bamboo containers, stone tanks, cement tanks were familiar but most of them had an issue w.r.t water storage. Chances of breakage and durability was a major concern for earthen pots, bamboo containers/tanks will degrade and allows algae to from making it unfit to use until it is cleaned, stone and cement container have similar problem of formation of algae, but they are also very heavy to move and replace. The quality of water will also differ from one storage method to other. To overcome the difficulties of storage, transportation and distribution of water, Stainless Steel (SS) was used and it’s been in market since 3 to 4 decades.
Need for Stainless Steel?
1. Water Quality: Most of the materials we discussed have influence of base material of tank being leached into the water which is a major disadvantage
- Traces of copper and plastics can easily be observed (clinically) changing the parameters of water that is being stored.
- Water from earthen, cement and stone pots will influence the taste, color and odor.
- Formation of algae will be evident when we use these tanks.
Usage of Stainless-Steel tanks will not influence any parameters of water, the life of water stored is longer compared to other tanks, leaching of Iron, Chromium, Nickel or other constituents of SS will be negligible when water is stationed for more than 48 Hours, which makes SS an inactive material and explores more applicability’s.
2. Manufacturability and Scaling:
- Stainless Steel material can be used to scale from a small water bottle to Millions of liters of tanks.
- Beltecno uses superior SS grade for manufacturing Tanks,
- Modular approach allows user to fit for any application and are available in various capacities with zero installation hassles. Whereas the flexibility for scaling and manufacturing would really be tough for other materials, availability of SS sheets, rods, angles makes the manufacturing very simple and modular. Any shape or design can be manufactured.
3. Life: Stainless Steel material is corrosion resistant which means it lasts long even when it is subjected to water and other harsh climatic conditions, henceforth the value for money always be an asset. These tanks need minimal maintenance of cleaning. Whereas other materials need to replaced very often or they have high and expensive maintenance cycles.
4. Cost: Extended life cycles with very minimal maintenance will always be less expensive when we estimate it for complete life of the tank rather than momentary. Due to less recurring costs and maintenance it seems that SS tanks are always cost effective. High installation costs are also not involved in the design making it very simple and affordable for any environment.
Most of the market segments are slowly moving towards use of Stainless-Steel tanks for process and storage, due to various advantages compared to other methods including wonderful corrosion resistance property, modular, easy installation and maintenance, cost effective, passive material, long usage cycle and easily scalable. Beltecno’s efforts to provide the best, smart and affordable solution is commendable.
- How does Beltecno’s tank is different from others?
We are specialized in making only SS tanks from last 50 years having 12 factories and 13 global offices, our R&D teams keep on doing innovations in SS tanks. We are serving two types of tanks in Indian market 1) Panel type ss tanks 2) Cylindrical type storage tanks
Sustainable devolvement is a key factor for development of any country, if we talk about global, SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) also been added to the UN’s 2030 sustainable development agenda.
What is SDG – 6
In United Nation’s Agenda list for sustainable development 2030, SDG -6 (Sustainable Development Goal) means “Clean Water and Sanitation” where subcategories are Water production, Water treatment, Water distribution or supply and Water use.